A. Hydrocarbon Exploration
- Total Seismic Project Management
- Seismic Survey Parameters Determination & Design
- Seismic Project Management (Front-end project planning, monitoring & control)
- Seismic Survey QC Supervision (Geomatics, Geophysical, HSE & Community Affairs)
- Direct Hydrocarbon Detection (using the Amplified Geochemical Imaging Technology)
- Amplified Geochemical Imaging Surveys
- Downhole Geochemical Logging
B. Solid Minerals Exploration
- Greenfield Exploration
- Brownfield Exploration
C. Groundwater Resource Evaluation and Development
- Groundwater exploration and borehole drilling
- Natural Springs Assessment & Development for Rural Water Supply
A. Hydrocarbon Exploration
Total Seismic Project Management (Parameter Determination & Survey Design )
Good Signal / Noise, high resolving power and adequate spatial coverage of the target are three vital requirements of good quality seismic data. To get best survey parameters that can produce good seismic data, we tap an arsenal of technology from integration of well data to ray tracing. Field conditions (operational and HSE constraints) are applied to the theoretical parameters to fine-tune them.
These are done with consideration to cost while maximizing geophysical data quality.
Seismic Data Acquisition QC Supervision
Seismic data of poor quality do pose processing and interpretation problems. With this in mind, AGL consultants ensure data are acquired according to technical specifications. To achieve the goals of seismic survey, we offer Field Consultants in the following areas.
-Geomatics: We offer survey consultants who are experienced with various instruments such as Trimble, Leica and the industry-leading GP Seismic software.
-Geophysics: We are involved right from experiments through low-velocity layer survey, shot point drilling to data acquisition proper.
-Health, Safety and Environment: We perform technical audits pre-survey, during survey and post-survey. We offer consultants of not less than 10years experience in the seismic industry. We can offer our clients a single source archive of all field operations including HSE and production statistics plus line-by-line quality assessments, using our database-driven reporting software, AquaSeis. Thus, clients are updated through daily, weekly, and monthly. A final report is produced at the end of each survey. Our consultants conform (except otherwise instructed by the client) to SEG technical and IAGC HSE standards.
Project management embraces the planning, scheduling and controlling of project activities to meet the project objectives. Projects are constrained by performance, cost and time goals.
Seismic projects (like any other project) are characterized by risks which can impact the project objectives of time, cost and performance. HSE risks also impact the objectives. Performance is described in terms of geophysical quality and HSE.
Therefore, a seismic project is a success if:
- the geological and geophysical objectives are resolved, by adhering to set survey accuracies (elevation and positioning) and geophysical parameters
- benefit- to- cost ratio of the completed project is high;
- operations are carried out safely with regard to personnel, company’s property and the environment.
- the project is completed within schedule
Achieving these goals comes only through sound project management. We can provide project management services in the client’s office (front-end project planning) and field. We can assist oil companies in the following:
- Bid Management: Seismic contractors’ bids evaluation and ultimate selection of contractor
- Scouting of proposed survey area for effective project pre-planning (Front-end seismic project planning)
- Evaluation of contractor’s project plan (survey, drilling and data acquisition plans, HSE, Community Affairs and Security)
- Project monitoring and control, ensuring seismic surveys are conducted within budget without compromise to quality (including HSE) and schedule.
- The customer shot seismic and has identified some prospects to drill. We can help to rank the prospects for hydrocarbon charge and phase, before he drills the well. If we do not see any hydrocarbons, the customer can save a lot of money by relinquishing the block.
- The customer is planning seismic in his block in frontier area, we can help to highlight some prospective areas for future seismic (our costs are about 10% of seismic only)
- The customer is producing a field already. If production is depleting, we can help to define the areal extent of his field and identify by-passed pays.
Direct Detection of Hydrocarbon
AGL in partnership with Amplified Geochemical Imaging, LLC undertakes direct mapping of subsurface hydrocarbon charge using AGI’s proprietary Amplified Geochemical ImagingTM technology. Compared to traditional surface geochemical techniques, Amplified Geochemical Imaging™ incorporates the combined advantages of improved sampler design, higher sensitivity, robust data set, and multivariate statistical interpretation. It has the ability of detecting from C2 to C20 unlike the traditional geochemical exploration methods which detect only from C2 to C6. The technology has a success rate of 90% in predicting discoveries or dry wells based on direct hydrocarbon detection via soil gas sampling (micro-seepage). Costs are about 10% of seismic costs. The technology can be applied either as AGI Surface Survey or Downhole Geochemical Logging. It can be used in the following situations:
The Downhole Geochemical Logging uses proprietary Amplified Geochemical Imaging technology to directly characterize the composition of hydrocarbons vertically through various prospective sections by analyzing well cuttings. This technology is unique in that it has ability to look at a broad compound range from C2 to C20 at part per billion (PPB) levels and may be the only technique to deliver hydrocarbon data on cutting samples from C6 – C15. The C2 to C20 hydrocarbon range is significantly more expansive than the limited traditional ranges of C1 – C5 from mud logs or C1 – C9 from alternate techniques. It also separates and quantifies approximately 80 individual compounds as opposed to the traditional nine. The result is a broad characterization of petroleum phase contained in the stratigraphic intervals down the well
The technology can be used onshore and offshore.
Our Reliable Partners
AGI, Amplified Geochemical Surface Surveys and Downhole Geochemical Logging in Nigeria.
WLL- Multi-Client Integrated Surveys (Airborne Geophysical, Geochemical and 2D Seismic) of Benin Basin, Nigeria